Have you got an important presentation coming up?
Do you want to make it the best presentation you’ve ever given?
Are you looking for expert help?
Are you struggling to find a public presentation skills course that:
Are you struggling to find a public presentation skills course that:
- is taking place soon?
- is not going to be cancelled do to low enrolment?
- will teach you things you don’t already know?
- doesn’t incur significant travel, accommodation or time costs?
- is likely to provide the practice and feedback that you need?
- is based on individualised coaching?
- is affordable?
- provides guaranteed results?
Nail that Presentation is a contemporary alternative to attending a public training course.
It is a self-paced, activity-based coaching program which will enable you design and deliver an outstanding presentation.
The program is:
- practical – you practice your material live with a group of colleagues
- convenient – you can start now and you can do the program from anywhere*
- focused – this is all about you – your message, your event, your audience
- transformational – you’ll learn to use techniques that will vastly improve your presentation.
In August I was asked by our CEO to give a presentation to the Board of Trustees. I prepared myself with your SpeakerMap™. I got fantastic feedback and heard that the Board were very impressed with me. This presentation has been the highlight of my year!Clarissa Wallace
Section One – Build the Framework
- Pitch your content just right by using our 4-Question Audience Analysis system
- Develop a crystal clear message that everyone in your audience will get
- Use the 3Q sequence methodology to develop a logical structure that your audience can follow with ease.
Section Two – Develop your Content
- Explore the magic of stories and other evidence to engage and persuade your audience
- Create an opening for your presentation which creates anticipation and instantly establishes your credibility
- How to stay within the Zone of Engagement™ so that your audience don’t zone out
- Implement the five easy Signposting Sentences that will allow your presentation to flow seamlessly.
Section Three – Add the Finishing Touches
- The Note-Writing Formula that will have you express yourself in a clear and succinct manner, and yet still be conversational and engaging
- Design slides using a scientifically proven method that helps people to remember more.
Is it really possible for me to improve my presentation skills via an online course?
The phrase “presentation skills” covers a wide range of abilities and aptitudes including:
1. Designing excellent content of value to your specific audience
2. Delivering that content in a way that makes it easy to follow
3. Managing nervousness so that it doesn’t sabotage your delivery
4. Handling questions and other audience interaction
5. Designing engaging visual support such as PowerPoint.
Nail that Presentation focuses on #1 – designing excellent content (with some bonus material on #5).
It is the easiest part of the presentation skills package to change and it’s usually the one that makes to most difference to how effective you are perceived as a speaker.
There are many errors that beginner and experienced presenters alike make when designing their content. They include:
- confusing their knowledge with presentation content
- having no clear overarching theme
- trying to cover too much
- bombarding the audience with opinions and facts
- using dull or overly complex backup material.
Nail that Presentation will not only ensure you don’t make these mistakes, it will help design content that is perceived and relevant and valuable.
Why do an online course when there are live courses available?
1. It’s now difficult to find public presentation training courses in New Zealand. They’re tricky to fill so, if you enroll on one you have to hope that others do to – otherwise it will be cancelled and you’ll have to start again. We’ve been running one and two-day public courses for well over a decade and have decided that we don’t want to have to cancel courses – that’s why we’ve created this online version.
2. You can start this course the moment you get approval. So if you’re motivated by the fact that you’ve got a presentation coming up, you don’t have to hunt around finding one that starts soon – and isn’t running on a day or days when you’re not available to attend!
3. This program is absolutely tailored to your individual needs. It doesn’t matter how experienced, confident or skilled you are. You will find this program will work for you at whatever level you are. You won’t be held back by fellow participants who can’t keep up – you won’t be left behind by participants who are more skilled or experienced.
Surely I need to be in a room with other Participants?
Not with the way we’ve designed this program! We’ve taken all the core benefits of the classroom environment and we’ve integrated them into the process.
The main reason to be in a room with others is so that you can try out the skills you’ve just been taught.
You learn by:
1. giving it a go
2. making mistakes
3. getting feedback, and
4. getting specific help from a coach on how to improve.
All of this happens on Nail that Presentation but it happens with the added advantages of:
1. you can get specific help from the coach before you “give it a go” to the group
2. if you make a mistake, you’ll make it amongst friendly, familiar colleagues who have committed to help you
3. the feedback can take as long as it needs to because there’s no-one else wanting attention
4. your coach can focus on your needs for as long as necessary without holding any one else up.
The main reason I want a course is to overcome my nervousness. How can an online course help with that?
Once you understand the root cause of your nervousness you’ll understand how this program will help.
Most people get nervous because they don’t feel sufficiently prepared. As a result they fear making mistakes, stumbling and waffling, looking incompetent and being disapproved of by the audience.
But many of these issues are solved through excellent preparation.
And if you complete Nail that Presentation you will be much more prepared than you could be than from attending a one or two-day course.
We will step you through ALL the preparation processes:
- audience analysis
- choosing the right structure
- designing a great opening
- creating notes
- creating slides
and you get feedback and help from us at every step.
Basically, you’ll go through the same preparation process that our one-on-one coaching clients pay us thousands of dollars to help them with.
Surely I need to deliver a presentation in order to learn?
Yes – and you will be!
Nail that Presentation ends with you delivering the presentation that you’ve designed to selected friends and colleagues. If you want to, you can video it and post it so your Coach can see it as well and give you more advice and feedback.
So whether you’re doing this program as a training exercise or doing it in order to get you started preparing for a real occasion, you will get to deliver your presentation to real people.
My manager is expecting me to come back with a live course recommendation. How can an online course help with that?
1. You can start straight away.
2. You don’t need to pay for travel or accommodation.
3. Your Manager can be part of the Focus Group that supports you as you complete the program.
4. You don’t need to be out of the office for long periods.
5. The coaching is individualised.
6. The course fee is very reasonable given the quality of the information you’ll receive and the expertise available to you.
7. The program is guaranteed to make a noticeable difference in the way your presentations are received.
8. Your Manager will be able to see the results when you give your final presentation at the end of the course.
If that’s not enough, set up a call with us. We’ll be delighted to talk!
I'm tempted but still have my doubts as to whether this will help!
We get it – and if you’ve done “information” style online courses you’re justified in being cynical about the results you’ll get.
However, Nail that Presentation is is an “experience” course – you’ll be in action right from the start and you won’t be working alone. Your Coach and your Focus Group will provide both encouragement and accountability.
And that’s why the course comes with a 60 day money back guarantee.
Which means, even if you have doubts, you have nothing to lose by trying out the program. You can start straight away and find out for yourself. Complete the program and, if it doesn’t make a noticeable difference (highly unlikely) you can quickly move on and find another solution. And we’ll cheerfully give you your money back!